Link to document forwarded by Danny Rosing.
Detailed acticle, written by Yitzhak Shichor, PhD, London School of Economics and Political Science and professor emeritus of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, outlines the influence Betar had in China in the period 1929-1949. Mentioned in the article are some Betar members who had a profound influence in the establishment of Betar Australia.
From Danny: Bob [Shteinman] was only one of many Betarim from China who restarted Betar in Sydney in the early 1950's.
Hans Dreyer was Mefaked Machoz Sydney (after same in Shanghai) before Bob but among the Chinese Betarim there were also Larry Sitsky, Alex Auswaks, Jesse Trantegerz, Gershon Mosesson. Chanichim Mary Gershberg and Irene Saraginsky and later children of also joined, including Sid Agranoff, Leo Rogovin, Larry Levin, Leo Goorevich, David Leymanstein and Norman Sarajinski.
I am sure I have also forgotten some. - Danny.
Download here (500 mb pdf).
See also http://162smilingfaces.com/2018_Bulletin.html article 2018-04.
Following the consecration of his tombstone, a gathering was held at David Burstyner's home to honor Henry on January 8, 2023. Go here to read/view a couple of the contributions made by his lifelong friends John Goldlust and Harry Stuart. As John characterized it, Henry was 'the most unforgetable character I ever met'.
Diana Rozenman, or as many of us knew her, Diana Minky Fabian, passed away on April 7, 2022 in Sydney. More details as they become available. Reported by Michael Price.
Diana's obituary was published in the Australian Jewish News on October 20, 2022. It can be seen here. Thanks to Evie Katz and Sid Agranoff for forwarding
To read about the background of all videos made (ranging from 1954 onwards), first click Videos on the menu bar. For direct access to the Celebration videos, see the list further down this home page.
To view the background of any video before playing, click Video and scroll down the list of all videos spanning from 1954 through the present.
#25 Peter Keeda https://vimeo.com/user15972226
#24 Ron Isaacs https://vimeo.com/729806314
#23 Les Berger https://vimeo.com/717258688
#22 Dov Rosenfeld https://vimeo.com/697864330
#21 Henry Ben Ezra https://vimeo.com/684557007
#20 Ian Groden https://vimeo.com/670729504
#19 Harry Stuart https://vimeo.com/658267471
#18 Geoff Williamson https://vimeo.com/642671348
#16: Miriam Briggs https://vimeo.com/595318652
#15: Ed Adamek https://vimeo.com/579033694
#14: Sid Agranoff https://vimeo.com/571509090
#13: Danny Rosing (Part 2] ttps://vimeo.com/552750006
#12: David Golomb https://vimeo.com/540515954
#11: Lionel Bomzon https://vimeo.com/537205921/6dee5dc6bb
#10: Adam Graycar https://vimeo.com/530212673
#09: David Layman ttps://vimeo.com/527175314
#08: Michael Price (Part 2) ttps://vimeo.com/515077393
#07: Michael Price (Part 1 ) ttps://vimeo.com/505849359
#06: Elizabeth Kornhaber ttps://vimeo.com/510065593
#05: Roland Gridiger https://vimeo.com/478316530
#04: Danny Rosing (Part 1] ttps://vimeo.com/464835862
#03: Judy Behar https://vimeo.com/454272251
#02: Zvi Berkovic https://vimeo.com/517009680
There are many volumes of downloadable items which can be accessed on this site. Here are the direct links to those data for ease of access - listed in chronological order of the addition to the site. All files are PDFs and require Adobe Acrobat to be opened.
1. The Evolution of a Zionist Movement (1948-56) - Shimshon Feder & Jack Mirjam (147 pp)
2. Survivors and 1967 Volunteers Get Together in Israel - Peter Keeda (5 pp)
3. My Story - Lily Skall (117 pp)
4. A Different Silence: The Survival Of More Than 200,000 Polish Jews In The Soviet Union During World War II As A Case Study In Cultural Amnesia - John Goldlust (48 pp)
5. 40 Years Betar 1964 - Halapid (16 pp)
6. 50 Years Betar - Program (44 pp)
7. 60 Years Betar - Program (10 pp)
8. 80 Years Betar - Program (36 pp)
9. 8th Kenes Artzi - 1960 Sydney (24 pp)
10. 10th Kenes Artzi - 1962 Sydney (29 pp)
11. 12th Kenes Artzi - 1964 Sydney (21 pp)
12. Rinse the Blood off my Kafia - Script (6 pp)
13. Altalena March 1964 - Jabotinsky Remains to Israel (17 pp)
14. My life as an Artist - Jack Mirjam (311 pp)
15. Another Reunion in Rosh Pinah - Peter Keeda (4 pp)
16. The Rare Film that Uncovered the Story of a Family that was Obliterated - Lionel Bomzon (3 pp)
17. Melbourne Betar Reunion 1988 - Organizing Papers (10 pp)
18. Really Trivial Pursuit - Spouse Edition (1988) - (3 pp)
19. Whatever Happened to Emmanuel? - Peter Keeda (31 pp)
20. Tales from Old Harbin - Sid Agranoff (2 pp)
21. A Short History of Harbin and Tientsin Jewry (6 pp)
22. Historic letter from Betar Harbin China (1938) (1 pp)
23. Henry Reminiscences - our memories
24. Betar China_ The Impact of a Remote Jewish Youth Movement, 1929-1949 (43 pp)