1. Issue of Altalena. YES.
2. Apology from Hashomer Hatzair regarding police involvement in a camp raid by Betar. YES.
3. Ad for the Chagigat Betar (Begin's message would be from a recording! YES.
4. Article for the Chagigat Betar. YES.
5. Invitation for the Chagigat Betar. YES.
6. Article after the Chagigat Betar. YES.
7. Article after the Chagigat Betar. YES.
8. Article after the Chagigat Betar. YES.
9. Article on the future of Betar. YES.
13. The post card got delivered! YES.
14. 4th Kenes Artzi. YES.
15. 4th Kenes Artzi. YES.
Notes on the photos:
1. Altalena was the name of a news sheet that was produced for a while. It contained serious news of interest to people on this side of politics and was often the only place where this type of information was available. The name "Altalena" was originally Jabotinsky's pen name but was also the name of the ship bringing arms and fighters to Israel at the time of the establishment of Israel. Ben Gurion ordered the ship to be sunk because he feared that the arms would be a threat to Israel's unity. Many Jewish lives were lost as well as most of the arms.
2. Melbourne Editor: Aaron Ninedek. Sydney Editor: Larry Sitsky.
17. Opening Ceremony . Flag Bearers: L to R: Adam Fligelman, Benny Schneider, Ken Hamer, Lionel Zeligman, Henry Kranz (?). Seated: Sam Moshinsky - Melb Jewish Youth Council, Louis Waller - B'nei Akiva, Shimshon Feder, Dora Steiner, Yosef Steiner, S. Stock, Rabbi Rappaport, Nathan Beller -JNF, Larry Sitsky (partly obscured).
18 Committee decisions. Clockwise (starting from Theo): Theo Balberyszski, (partially hidden), Ben Schneider, Henry Kranz, Tom Rado, Louis Paper, Yosef Steiner (standing), Larry Sitsky (chairman).
19. Scene from Play "Tomorrow We Celebrate" by Elazar (Gad) Pedhazur, December. L to R: Sam Offman, Allan Morris, Joshua Goldhar, Betty Brisson.
23. The photo commerorates the 30th anniversary of the United Zionist Revisionist Organisation (UZRO). Shim and Yosef were there representing Betar. Standing (L to R): Salo Verstandig, Mr Bauch, Shimshon Feder, Mr Drimer, Yosef Steiner, Gad Pedhazur; Seated (L to R): Ernst Skall, Yehuda Honig, Y. Liberman (Israel Betar guest of honour), S. Stock.
24. Shimshon Feder,Yosef Steiner, Yaacov Liberman, Theo Balberyszski, Dora Steiner (obscured), Alan Morris.
25. Back: Philip Mirjam, Gad Pedhatzur, Alan Morris. Front: Yosef Steiner, Dora Steiner, Yaacov Lieberman, Shimshon Feder.
26. Back: Aaron Ninedek, Alan Morris, Ken Hamer, Shimshon Feder, Eric Aufgang, Sam Offman, Benny Schneider, Philip Mirjam, Adam Fliegelman, Gad Pedhatzur, Yosef Steiner. Front: Dora Steiner, Leah Feder, Yaacov Lieberman, Rosette Landerer, Miriam Libovsky.
29. Reception for Yaacov Liberman (World Betar Executive). Back (l to r): Aaron Ninedek, Alan Morris, Ken Hamer, Shimshon Feder (Natziv), Eric Aufgang, Sam Offman, Ben Schneider, Philip Mirjam, Adam Fliegelman, Elazar "Gad" Pedhazur (Betar Shaliach), Yosef Steiner. Front: Dora Steiner, Leah Feder, Yaacov Liberman, Rosette Landerer, Miriam Libovsky.
30. Back:Theo Balberyszski, Yosef Steiner, Gad Pedhazur, Yaacov Liberman. Front: Alan Morris, Shimshon Feder, Philip Mirjam.
31. Mrs & Mr Mirjam, Theo Balberyszski, Yaacov Mirjam, Yosef Steiner, Dora Steiner.
35. Back: Theo Balberyszski, Danny Rosing. Front: Alan Morris, Gad Pedhazur, Leah Feder, Yaacov Mirjam, Aaron Ninedek.
36. Back row (L to R): ? Buntman, Aaron Baker (Shimshon Feder's first cousin), Aaron Ninedek, Benzion Eisikovich; Front Row (L to R): Varda Eisikovich Judy Goldman, David Goldman, Judy Wabnik (Hirsch).
37. Same day, and (mostly) same personnel line-up as in the photo on the previous photo.
39. Chashmonaim group with madrich Adam Fligelman (back). The group included Loy Lichtman (in front of Adam), Mimi and Sophie Offman (second row) and Judy Eisikovich (right front). Danny Baker (Shimshon Feder's first cousin) is leftmost.
41. Back Row (l to r): Jack Katz, Benzion Eisikovich, Dennis Samolin, Eric Aufgang, Garry Rudzki, Barry Rawlins, Arthur Klepfisz; (Front) Helen Katz, Freda Goldstein, Varda Eisikovich, Judy Wabnik, ?, Henry Krantz.
42. Back (l to r): Irene Horowitz, Peter Bondy, Madeleine ?, Michael Neiger, Helen Katz. Front: Fanny Lew, Annie Lew, Malma Wald, Henry Krantz, Fay Brisson.
43. David Cukierman, Larry Sitsky (Mefaked Hamachaneh), Theo Balberyszski.
50. Farewell to Yosef and Dora Steiner - Aliyah to Israel. Back (l to r): Ben Schneider, ?, Judy Goldman, Varda Eisikovich, Alan Morris. Front: Adam Fliegelman, Aaron Ninedek, Hymie Hirsh, Yosef Steiner, Dora Steiner, Jack Hirsh, Gideon Hirschberg, Shimshon Feder.
52. Back:Susan Aufgang, Benny Altman, Danny Rosing, ? (obscured), Shimshon Feder, Front: Benzion Eisikovich, Judy Hirsch, Les Gross.
64. Farewell to Jack Mirjam going on Machon.
65. Front left: ?, Philip Mirjam, ? ,? , ?. 2nd row: Alan Morris, Jack Mirjam, Benny Altman, Betty Brisson, Leah Feder, Anne Entenberg, Ruth Gold. 3rd row: Yosef Steiner, Gideon Herschberg, Adam Fligelman, Tommy Rado, Theo Balberyszski, Benny Shneider, Lionel Zeligman. 4th row: Les Gross, Freda Lasher, Shimshon Feder, Sandra Grinspan, ?, ? , Rosette Landerer, Ken Hamer.
10. Gad Pedhatzur arrives. YES.
11. Yaacov Lieberman arives - causes resignations from Betar. YES.
12. List of Madrichim and Seminar participants. YES.
16. 4th Kenes Artzi. YES.
17. 4th Kenes Artzi. SF.
18. 4th Kenes Artzi. SF.
Reproductions from the collections of:
AN = Aaron Ninedek.
BL = Betty Levy.
BR = Brian Rudzki.
EK = Evie Katz.
JRM = Jack & Rosette Mirjam.
LF = Leah Feder.
MB = Miriam Briggs.
SA = Shimon Addess.
SF = Shimshon Feder.
YES = Yosef E. Steiner.
19. Chagigat Betar June 1955 Scene from a play. SF.
20. Chagigat Betar. SF.
21. Chagigat Betar- Larry Sitsky at the piano. YES.
22. Chagigat Betar- Choir. YES.
23. October 15 1955 - Beth Weizmann. EK.
24. October 15 1955 - Beth Weizmann. YES.
25. Netzivut with Yaacov Lieberman. YES.
26. Madrichim with Yaacov Lieberman.. YES.
27. Yaacov Liberman meets with members of Betar Sydney. YES.
28. Yaacov Liberman meets with leaders of Betar. Sydney YES.
29. Yaacov Lieberman reception, September 1955. SA.
30. Farewell for Yaacov Lieberman. YES.
31. Yaacov Mirjam's farewell. YES.
32. Yaacov Mirjam's farewell. YES.
33.Yaacov Mirjam. YES.
34. Yosef Steiner, David ben David, Yaacov Mirjam at his departure. YES.
35. Senior leaders. AN.
36. Madrich Aaron Ninedek (back row) and his group. AN.
37. Outside Herzl Hall in Carlton. AN.
38. Outside Herzl Hall in Carlton. AN.
39. Outside Herzl Hall in Carlton. AN.
40. Leah's group, Carlton. LF.
41. Kinglake West. BR.
42. Kinglake West. BR.
43. Woronora River. SF.
44. Our first Shaliach Gad Pedhazur and his daughter Liora. BL.
45. Woronora River- Henry Briggs, Bob Sitsky, Sid Agranoff. SA.
46. Woronora River- Gad and Liora Pedhazur. SA.
47. Woronora River- Larry Sitsky and Theo Balberyszski. SA.
48. Gad Pedatzur, Larry Sitsky & Danny Rosing on Misdar. MB.
49. Camp was on the Woronora River, south of Sydney, which overflowed its’ banks! MB.
50. Port Melbourne- Good bye to Yosef and Dora. SF.
51. Danny Rosing. LF.
52. Group. LF.
53. Sarah Weber. LF.
54. Gad Pedatzur, Larry Sitsky & Theo Balberyszski. MB.
55. Ileana Dunea. AG..
56. Aaron Ninedek. AG.
57. Anne Entenberg. AG.
58. Benny Schneider and ?. AG.
59. Anne Entenberg. AG.
60. Jack Mirjam, Shimshon Feder. JRM.
61. Miriam Libovsky, Jack Mirjam, Rosette Landerer, Freda Lasher .JRM.
62. Jack & Rosette Mirjam. JRM
63. Sam Offman, Betty Brisson, Freda Goldstein, Denis Samolin, Rosette Landerer, Garry Rudzki. JRM.
64. Jack Mirjam. JRM.
65. Group. JRM