1. This is Betar - 1952. AG.
2. Receipt for pigeons released in a concert given by a Nazi sympathiser.YES.
3. Camp ad..YES.
4. Article on camps.. YES.
6. "Stick defense"- Henry Kranz, Adam Fleigelman. SF.
Notes on the photos:
1. This was a most important publication produced by South African Betar. It is professionally printed (not like the Australian publications printed by duplicators). It covered just about everything a Betari needed to know.
2. The pigeon attack in the Melbourne Town Hall. Receipt for the purchase of 2 pigeons which were released in a concert where a pianist, Walter Gieseking, was performing. He also performed for the Nazis in Europe. Story appears here - on page 26.
3. Ad for camp from the Australian Jewish News (AJN).
4. Article from the AJN promoting Betar camps.
5. Camp post card.
7. Front: ?, Leah Feder, ?, Benny Altman. Back: Shimshon Feder, Adam Fliegelman.
Reproductions from the collections of:
AG = Anne Goutman.
EK = Evie Katz.
JRM = Jack & Rosette Mirjam.
LF = Leah Feder.
SF = Shimshon Feder.
YES = Yosef E. Steiner.
7. Group meeting. LF.
8. David Barkman, Michael Oberman, Eva Hoffman, Philip Mirjam, Yitzhak? , Shimshon Feder, Jack Mirjam
9. Jack Mirjam with chamichim.